Girl Scout Engagement
Girl Scouts belong to troops and they engage themselves in various activities. These activities include community service programs, art and crafts, as well as adventurous activities such as rock climbing, hiking and camping. Although you probably associate the Girl Scout with their famous cookies, they are so much more than that.
Important Life Skills
The activities that the Girl Scouts participate in are so as to teach the girls important life skills. However, if you want to plan Girl Scout events, creating invitations is a great way to let the guests know when and where the event will be. You can create your own invitations with little time and money input.
- Choose a shape that represents a recent or upcoming Girl Scout activity. That is if the event is camping, use a tent shape. If the event is to help a crisis shelter, use a shape that captures the essence of the activity.
- Then trace the shape of your choice onto pieces of heavy card stock. Cut out the shapes. If you are using smaller cutter shapes, do not cut them out but instead trim the edges with edging scissors.
- Use markers or stickers to decorate the cut stock.
- The party event information should go on the backside of the cutouts. Place them in an envelope and mail them (or hand them out). This method enhances creativity of the Girl Scouts in the process making responsible able and reliable girls.
- Alternatively, you could take picture of the entire troop or individual pictures of the members of the troop. Then, you have them printed. Either at home on a photo paper or you can use a photo service like the one at your local drug store. Once you have the pictures printed you write the event’s details at the back of the picture them mail it as you would a postcard.
What invitations have your Girl Scouts created for events? Do you mind sharing some of your ideas with us? Please leave a comment! We would love to hear your ideas!